Game Theory Radio

Saturday, September 15, 2012

NCAA WEEK #3

Can't do much worse than I did last week. 1-4 is a disgusting result. 5-5 on the young season. I will be in Vegas in 13 days and a wake up and really need to tighten up my shot group. I felt good about all of my picks last week too, oh well. Lets see what we have for this Saturday.




Northern Illinois -3 @ Army: Golden Knights are a plausible squad, but this spread tells me that Vegas dislikes money. NIU played Iowa very tough, granted Iowa is what they are but it was in Iowa, they are still a Big 10 team, and Kirk Ferentz is still their coach. NIU takes this one by a TD.

3 Units.




Utah State +14 @ Wisconsin: Aggies can play some defense and are not afraid to play in a hostile environment such as Camp Randall. The Badgers are a paper tiger, still living off the hype of Russell Wilson who is in Seattle as the Seahawks QB. Aggies keep this game close and low scoring.

3 Units.





VT -10 @ Pitt:  Pitt is just flat out a bad team, it seems like they have given up now that the mustache is no longer roaming the sidelines. The Panthers have been beaten handily by The Penguins (Youngstown State type, not the Pittsburgh ones) and were embarrassed by Cincy on national television just like my Alma matter was on Thursday night. I digress. You know what you are getting with VT, slow out of the box and they start building steam. Beamer's boys will get together in this contest.

3 Units.




Ohio State -17 vs Cal:   This game should be a blowout, that being said since I am taking it Cal will win by 40. In reality I think the Buckeyes had a much tougher test last week with UCF  who has a solid defense, I know that the Bears put up 50 on Southern Utah but this is still a team who lost to Nevada by 7 at home, lets hope this game is covered up by halftime!

2 Units.




Wake Forest +28 @ FSU: Remember this game last year? Jimbo Fisher does. The Demon Deacons knocked off an athletic UNC squad last week and were no doubt focused on this game. This is FSU first D1 test of the year, I feel like this will be a tight game and FSU will pull it out late. I like this possibility of being up 35 points if Wake scores first as well.



4 Units.




There you have it. Enjoy. Until that day!

No comments: