Game Theory Radio

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

NCAA Week #14 College Pick 'em

Heading into the last week of the season, another tough week to cap as we have conference title games and opponents playing each other for the second time in the same season. Went 3-1-1 last week, I was not to pleased with my results but I guess it could have been worse. For the season my record is now sitting at a respectable 40-22-3 and I am +33 units. Lots of pressure on me to perform this week lets see what I have:



Rutgers -3   Both teams coming off losses, both teams have banged up QB's however I will go out on a limb and say Bridgewater is a bigger cog in the L'ville offense then Nova is to Rutgers. The Scarlett Knights are at home, playing for the Big East title and a shot at a BCS game so they can get destroyed by an SEC team. The Cardinals have been playing with fire all season long the Rutgers defense will rebound coming off last weeks hiccup and put the Cards offense in check. Rutgers by 6.





2 Units.






Kent State +6     This game simply boils down to the points. Kent State is 0-5 straight up and ats when playing NIU. NIU is a very talented team much like Kent State as the MAC has really taken some strides with the quality of their programs this year, I would say that the conference as a whole is better than the Big East. This game is being played at Ford Field so no real home field advantage here. I think the Huskies will take this game but I like the Golden Flashes to hang around, NIU by 4.






2 Units.







Nebraska -3   Big 10 championship game, Wisconsin comes in 7-5 while the Huskers are a decent 10-2. These teams played earlier in the season with Nebraska winning by 3, if you look at the numbers the Badgers really struggle against teams that have some sort of defense. Wiscy has no problem destroying the Indiana's, Minnesota's, Illini's and Perdon'ts. They will have another shot against Bo Pelini on a neutral field, I just think Nebraska's defense will stifle the Badgers offense to squeak out a 4 point win and a cover.






2 Units.






Central Florida +2   This game was just played 2 weeks ago, on the same field and yes, between the same two teams. Very difficult to beat a conference opponent twice in three weeks, the Golden Hurricane won by 2 last time. Lets hope the Knights win by 1 this time. UCF is used to being favorites even on the road, now they are coming in as a live dog, let's see how they play when they aren't supposed to win. Golden Knights outright.






2 Units.








Oklahoma -6       The Sooners have had trouble covering this year due to massive spreads, I think we are getting some value here due to that. TCU is a solid team but I'm not sure Boykin will be able to stay with the Sooners on offense. The game is in Ft. Worth by Sooner fans travel well, so that should neutralize the home field advantage a little. If Casey Pachall was starting this game I might go the other way, I just don't think the Frogs have the horses to stay in this race. Sooners by 7.






2 Units.



Slim pickings this weekend sportsfans, as you can tell I went light with my unit selections as I wasn't head over heels for anything this weekend. If I get the demand for it I will post bowl picks as the Bowl season gets under way, let me know in the comments section if that is something you want to see. Until that day.

2 comments:

Zachary said...

Don't be shy with those bowl picks!

Unknown said...

Agree, let's see your bowl picks.