Game Theory Radio

Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Write up and thoughts.......

Well, I hit my spread bet of the Cardinals +7 and won my 3 prop bests. Total profits were 77 units, that makes me happy. However, the officiating made me unhappy. I have not seen so many phantom calls since the Steelers-Seahawks Superbowl 2 years ago. The Cardinals had I believe 11 penalties for 116 yards?? Are you serious right now? I will test my hypothesis that referee Terry Macauley had indeed taken the Steelers Money Line. It seemed that everytime the Cardinals had a 3rd down play it was brought back by a phantom hold or "personal foul". Ironically Santonio Holmes was not called for unsportsmanlike conduct after his touchdown celebration. That penalty would have marched off 15 yards in the Cards favor after the kickoff with 35 seconds left. At this point Terry Macualey was sweating bullets getting ready to wash down his cianide pills with some gatorade. Then they don't review the Kurt Warner "fumble"?? It sure looked to me like an incomplete pass. Did anyone else notice Kurt Warner's wife has become attractive? Maybe I had to many freshies but she has had some work done. So it's official now, I dislike the Steelers more than any other team. Also I guess John Madden had the superbowl script with him in the booth as he called the Warner endzone pick right before he threw it, coincidence? Even a professional handicapper like myself couldn't have hit that prop bet. After going all in on my Bodog account I settled down at Gator's Dockside with some friends, and fielded their questions about sports gambling. Some of the questions I had were "I don't understand what does the +7 mean?" "What happens if you lose? Do I need to drive you to an ATM to pay a bookie?" I said you do know what a bookie does right? "Yeah, they pay you" was their response. Other questions I fielded were "Is Billy Vegas really in jail for illegal bookmaking?" Yes. He is. Vegas also has him on probabtion. "Why do you keep saying bye bye money and slamming your beer down as well as your phone?" I always find it amusing watching football with "normies" which is a person who doesn't bet on football, that's OK not everyone likes money!! I liked the Bruce Springsteen halftime show, Springsteen still put on the best concert I have seen to date in my life. Those of you who don't like Springsteen should throw out your Fall Out Boy CD's and board a plane for Baghdad sans IBA. See you next season readers when I will continue my quest of digging into Vegas's coffers!!

1 comment:

Eric Bandazewski said...

springsteen was awful.not just bad, awful and on for 20 minutes too long. every time we switched the channel and came back he was still on. the half time show was longer than the game. regardless, a very profitable night. I dont understand that warner fumble not being reviewed, no one at the house did. theres 5 seconds left and the game is on the line. you review that automatically. oh well. i win. me likey.