Game Theory Radio

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama's Inaugaration

I woke up this morning expecting to see a nice ceremony. I have to say I was disapointed. It was disturbing for me to see people celebrating President Obama's African American roots instead of celebrating a new direction and new hope for our country. Lest we forget people that President Obama was raised by his white mother and his white grandmother, however, there was no mention of that. Also, college educated white voters (like myself) put up huge numbers at the polls in support of President Obama. The whole thing left me feeling disenfranchised and questioning my vote, perhaps I should have voted for Senator Mccain. The reverend that spoke the envocation added to my dismay. I get the civil rights deal. I don't want it jammed down my throat all day long, then to add insult to injury I have to listen to Jesse Jackson and Russell Simmons give their two cents. I felt the race card was played too much, at this point in our nations history we should be uniting as one, not bringing up issues from the past.

1 comment:

Eric Bandazewski said...

i dont think thats reason to question your vote, you just gotta let the media fascination die down first. I agree though the last person that needed to be heard from was Jesse "Can I Play The Race Card" Jackson. I am sure he begged his way to that just hoping for some semblance of relevance during the new administration. He essentially phased himself out of everything. Why would we need the opinion of someone like jackson when we can have the presidents? bye bye jesse.