Game Theory Radio

Monday, September 15, 2008

You too can bet like The Blanket

That's right you too can cover like me, I am printing up T-shirts that say "Baby Blanket" they are available for $20 through my website, that way you can be more like me only not as handsome. Despite being a professional gambler, I am very risk averse, I think its the Economist in me. Here are some quick tips to cover football like me, don't bet like a homer, a guy I knew bet $5,000 on Ohio St. against USC in a bowl game 2 years ago, OSU got milk cartoned and he couldn't pay. Start with small bets, $1 or $2 that way you can build a bank up, don't be a hotdog, Vegas has the cash and credit to turn your lights out my friend. Don't always go for the underdog win; it's great that UCLA is +2800 and you drop a dime on them playing USC at home because you want to buy the Hooter's waitress some new cans so you can do the motorboat, you motorboating son of a bitch, you old sailor you!!! But don't do that its stupid and Vegas loves taking money from stupid people. One smart thing is to place a chalk bet, what I like to call a "Blanket Hedge Fund" for instance if there is a moneyline up on a heavy favorite set up a little 2 game parlay for example USC -500 @ Cal Poly San Abysmal and Oklahoma @ Texas A&M, Oklahoma -750, those small bets are good for your bank account. Also look into "Sweet Heart Teasers" take 2 or 3 games that you a VERY confident of, add 10 points to the fav and make a small wager. The biggest thing is dont get caught up in the hype, I tend to do this with college football ALOT, the lines come out and I get excited and my friend Billy Vegas has to talk some sense into me. Do your research, I have a math formula that I use to cover NFL games and it has proven to be rather effective. Good luck to you in covering your college and NFL action. Remember, in gambling hindsight is always 20/10.

The Blanket

No comments: