Game Theory Radio

Thursday, November 24, 2011

NCAA Week #13 Pick 'em

Thanksgiving Day and I have had nothing to eat yet, this computer isn't looking half bad right now. Back at this week, getting my picks in with at least 24 hours to spare. Locked my picks in on Tuesday morning, since then the lines have moved the on publicly backed dogs, which scares me a little bit. Oh well, we will drive on any how. No NFL picks this weekend either, just haven't liked any spreads as of late. Here is what I have for College action:




Arkansas +13 Last week at Miss State was a classic look ahead game for the Razorbacks, they didn't take the bait................Arkansas came out focused on both ends of the field. I am aware they play much better at home, like any team. However, they always play LSU tough. Here is my thinking on why I am taking the points and Arkansas when I took LSU +5 when they played Alabama, even though Alabama thumped Arkansas. Still with me? Alabama has a NFL secondary which managed to cause coverage pressure, LSU while an excellent defense just does not have as good a secondary as 'Bama. Therefore, I do not foresee them being able to handle Wilson, Gragg, Childs and Adams as well as the Tide. Make sense? Alot of pressure on LSU here, day game............that makes Death Valley more like Happy Valley. LSU wins a tight game, 3-5 points will be the difference.Loss.

4 Units.





Cal +6 Cal has covered 4 of 5 and been pretty competitive this season, Arizona State has lost 4 of 5 failing to cover their last 3. Arizona State's last win was against mighty Colorado. I get it, the Sun Devils have a 12' 8" QB and an overrated LB..........ok. I realize that Cal is not a strong road team but I still think we are getting 3 more points our way from Vegas. I'll take it!Win.


4 Units.






Virginia +5 Simply put I am not sold on the Hokies and they will struggle in this game to a sleeper Cavalier team. Virginia is a 5 point dog in their own house. Staunch defense and solid QB play from Rocco will get this team and us a W. The Cavs new coach is a good story and has this team focused, VT won't be able to count on points off Beamer Ball as this Cavalier team is too disciplined.Loss.


3 Units.





Notre Dame +8 Stanford better be careful here, their season is all but over anyways but I am sure they do not want a 2nd loss here. Notre Dame struggles against fast defenses (USF) but Stanford has a slow defense which struggles to cover the edges. I have been waiting for the Cardinal to get exposed all season long, the Ducks beat them soundly. I think they will be in for a surprise with ND giving them all they can handle, Luck has not been impressive this year and is missing his best WR, so the Stanford offense could struggle in the passing game and ND is decent against the run, which always helps when facing a running back by committee. Loss.


4 Units.






Duke +13 The Blue Devils are 3-8 but they do like to hang around like a fly that will not be swatted. Rivalry game here as the dislike between the two schools is heating up with BB season underway. UNC has already mailed it in as they already have become bowl eligible in what has been a disappointing season for them. Duke won't lay down and forces you to beat them down till the end of the game, 13 points is too much in this contest.Loss.


3 Units.



There you have it my friends, enjoy your Thanksgivings and stuffed wallets. Also keep an eye on the Texas A&M vs. Texas game, that line is getting a little high, if it hits +10, might be time for a small play! If anybody sees Joker out and about give him a hug as he seems like he is about to set himself ablaze. I think all this Skyrim playing has had an affect on his handicapping skills!

No comments: