Game Theory Radio

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Week 16 NFL Action

Simple equation folks, my picks+ your money= profits for you. I went 3-1-1 last week which in my terms would be graded as ok. I will put forth a great effort to this week to increase our bottom line. Much like most of you my account was hammered by the purchase of Christmas presents, bye bye credit limit. I have a total of 8 games this weekend, me likey.


Jags+7 vs. Colts: The Jaguars hate the Colts and want to beat them badly. This will be Jacksonville's superbowl. Last week the Colts struggled at home versus the Lions and the Jags managed a win against the Pack. Look for MJD to have a huge game, the colts simply cannot stop the run and Drew scorced them in their first meeting. This series is usually very close, 11 of 13 contests have been by 8 points or less. Push, hello same amount of money, I hate giving interest free loans, and the Jags hate having 2 TD leads.


Chiefs +4 vs. Dolphins: Dolphins can't cover spreads at home, so why are they favored in KC and at Arrowhead in December of all places. The Dolphins will have no answer for Gonzalez or Bowe, Thigpen has continued to play well and even though the Dolphins don't turn the ball over I just don't see them covering at Arrowhead. I like the Chiefs to win outright. Loss, bye bye money, the begining of a terrible Sunday for my accounty.


Lions +7 vs. Saints: It just occured to me that I am taking the home dogs alot so far, that usually tends to pay dividends in the accounty. That being said I think the Lions will win their first game here against the Saints, Drew Brees is not good on the road and the Lions have been playing hard. So the Saints have nothing to play for and will be sans Reggie Bush, Meanwhile the Lions are looking to avoid a trip to the NFL HOF for the wrong reasons. Somehow I don't see Jason David being able to cover Calvin Johnson, also look for Kevin Smith to get involved in the passing game to because the Saints are 11th versus the run. Loss, bye bye money, the Lions hate me and my accounty.


Bengals +3 @ Browns: Ken Dorsey is terrible, wow, I don't think I have ever seen a QB that bad, which begs the question why don't the Browns just leave Josh Cribbs in at QB. Also Jamal Lewis might be the slowest human being on the face of the earth, the fans will be all over Braylon Edwards.................................FROM? Michigan, apparently there are some hostilities between the fans and Edwards. Cedric "DUI" Benson.................................FROM? Texas, ran wild on the Redskins and Ryan Fitzpatrick............................FROM? Harvard played pretty well against the Redskins secondary. Win, hello money. Wow everyone look, I actually covered a game.


Steelers -2 @ Titans: Titans will be without Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth, I don't think the Titans have the firepower to score enough points on the Steelers defense, which has been playing lights out. As I stated earlier the Titans have had a relatively easy schedule this year, I don't see the combo of Johnson and White doing much against the Steelers D, forcing Collins into tough throwing situations. I like the Steelers here. Loss, bye bye money. I forgot Big Ben hates having footballs in his hand, maybe put some more gloves on.


Texans -7 @ Raiders: The Raiders are a dumpster fire, the Texans are playing for their first winning season. Andre Johnson is unstoppable, Matt Schaub and Steve Slaton have been excellent as well. I think the Texans would even cover this one if Sage Rosenchoker himself were playing. Loss, bye bye money. Are the Raiders becoming....................decent?


Seahawks +5 vs. Jets: I like this game ALOT, the Jets can't win on the west coast let alone cover. Seneca Wallace = a covering machine, Seneca Wallace...............................FROM? Iowa State. The Jets are a tad overrated in my opinion and I think they are starting to see their cracks. Plus the Jets have a showdown with the patriots next week, no doubt they will look past Seattle, who by the way New England squeaked by. The public is pounding the Jets to the tune of 76%, me likey. I think Seattle wins this one outright. Win. Hello money, this one was easy though. The "Backdoor Bandit" struck again.


Eagles -5 @ Redskins: Well at least the Eagles tied the vaunted Bengals. The Eagles have been playing great football lately, the Redskins not so much. I look for the Eagles to keep on rolling as they hope to stay alive in the playoff hunt. Mcnabb, Westbrook and Jackson should have nice games. Loss, bye bye money. I seem to always be a week off on when the Eagles will decide to play.

That's all my action, enjoy as the regular season is winding down and its time to pry the rest of vegas's money from their hands!!!

No comments: