Game Theory Radio

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Blanket defeats the Disney World Half Marathon

That's right my friends, my first halfy, 13.1 miles. The Blanket made Vegas a ton of money by not covering, the O/U was 2:30, when indeed I finished at 2:47:45, however I did file an appeal with the official scorer, reason being I was one of the last people to start the race due to a last minute urination session and this led to me having to weave through heavy traffic, the attendance of the Disney Halfy was reported at 22,000. My race kicked off at 6:30, I was watching the fireworks show and thinking to myself "Derek get in the car and drive home, you can't do this" But then I thought of the word's of some Polish prick I know and he said "Don't be a faggot and quit" As I crossed the start line I felt good, i had a nice pace, my breathing was good and my body was feeling well. At around mile 8 or 9 I could feel my legs tightening up, I kept going about mile 10.5 or 11ish, my legs got heavy, I slowed down my pace a little to grab a cup of Powerade and could feel my legs saying "Yes!!!! He is coming to a stop shortly" But I still had another 2.1 miles to go and I also knew that if I stopped for even a second I would be done, my legs would not have run anymore, but I don't quit. I came across the finish line like a champion and am pretty proud of my accomplishment. I enjoyed the race, Disney did a great job, they had video screens, DJ's there was a ton of people cheering you on and even a couple high school marching bands, I ran faster when I heard the drums playing because I thought there was a college football game underway!! All in all it was a good time and worth all the training I did for it. However, I am pretty sore right now and my legs HATE me.

1 comment:

Eric Bandazewski said...

atta boy battle but.....being the prick that I am.....I could have ran the halfy, stood in line for space mountain, hit the beer garden, drove home and showered by the time you finished! =B