Game Theory Radio

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

NFC and AFC championship covers

After going 3-1 (thanks Chargers) last week, I'm looking for 2-0 this week, let's get right to my picks.

Cardinals +4 vs Eagles: I don't see how the Eagles can win this game, Philly likes to win outright when they are dogs but hates covering spreads and winning when they are favored (Redskins, Bengals). I know that the Eagles milk cartoned Arizona on Thanksgiving, but this is a different Cardinals team. Arizona is 7-2 at home this year and have been playing out of their minds in the playoffs, Warner has pass protection, they are running the ball, and they are defending the pass well. The Eagles ground game is in bad shape with Westbrook hurting, so Mcnabb will have to do most of it through the air. I like the Cardinals to win this one outright by 1 to 3 points.

Ravens +6 @ Steelers: Big Ben burned me last week and now he owes me money. The Steelers won the regular season meeting 13-9 on a last minute "touchdown". If Ben throws deep they might be able hurt the Ravens here, as I see the deep ball as their one weakness, but then again Ed Reed could come away with a couple of pics as well. The Chargers put zero pressure on Rothlisberger, something the Ravens will be able to do all game long, let's not forget the Steelers O-line is not the best in the league. Flacco continues to play well, what a steal that guy has become. Flacco has not thrown a pic or been sacked in the playoffs. This game will be tight, but in the end I think they Steelers will fail to pull this one out of their rear end. Ravens win by 1.

No comments: