Game Theory Radio

Monday, January 5, 2009

BCS Picks & Divisional NFL Playoff Picks= Free money!

Since the 2009 year has begun I started off 8-1 with my NCAA picks, I lost the Penn St game. I was feeling pretty good about myself, then the NFL wildcard playoffs started I went 0-2 on Saturday and 2-0 on Sunday. Thanks to a late Eagles ML bet I dropped I was able to capture my lost money yesterday. I am normally very good on playoff picks, but a 2-2 start won't cut it. This morning I had a visitor at my door, this visitor worked for Fedex and brought me an envelope, inside that envelope was a check from Bodog for an amount 5x my deposit. I sat the check down in a chair and said to it " I look at you and I think.......what can I use ya fah??" The check replied "Well Mr. Blanket I'd like you to squeeze some money out of me!" my reply "Smartmouth..............too bad!!" Without further adue or inferences from "The Departed" here are my picks:

Fiesta Bowl:
Texas -9 vs Ohio St: The sweater vest just cant get it done in the big game, the Big 10 has won only one bowl game thus far and the Buckeyes are facing a pissed off Texas team, who technically can still get a piece of the Naty title. The Longhorns have too much speed for the Buckeyes and I dont think Pryor has enough experience to be competitive against the Longhorns defense. Colt Mccoy is a very accurate passer and loves to run, Muschamps defense will most likely pressure Pryor into poor decisions and if they can stop Wells that will put Pryor in 3rd and long passing downs which I don't see him handling them too well. Loss, bye bye money. There is 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Texas has no chance in this game, they cant stop the run, pressure the QB or move the ball on offense. The Big 12 sucks.


BCS National Championship:
Florida -3 vs Oklahoma: I have seen all I need to see, I was waiting to see how the big 12 power Texas did against Ohio St. So I have not seen a big 12 "power" win a bowl game, or play well for that matter. Oklahoma has no chance in this game and will get fucking destroyed. Bradford will get broken in half, Florida will run over the Sooners non-exsistent defense, the Big 12 blows and they can only beat teams in their own conference. Win, Hello Money. This game was a nice take down for me, Oklahoma hung tough for awhile but Florida won to take 2nd place behind Naty Champs Utah.


NFL Divisional Playoffs:
Ravens +3 @ Titans: I think the 2 weeks the Titans have had off will come back to haunt them in this game, the Titans have a ton of pressure on them in this game and the Ravens just mowed down the Dolphins, Ed Reed has been on fire as of late and Joe Flacco played pretty well against Miami in his first playoff game. If they can stop Johnson and White and then pressure Collins I don't see the Titans scoring much. Either way I like the Ravens here. Look for Mcclain and Mason to have nice games here. Win, Hello Money. I covered the ML on this game too. Flacco played well and the defense came up big.


Cardinals +10 @ Panthers: If the Cardinals team that played Atlanta shows up on Saturday the Panthers could be in trouble, Drew Brees torched their defense as did Eli Manning in the last 2 weeks, Delhomme has been spotty as of late. 10 is a big number here I think. If the Cardinals can stop Stewart and Williams like they did Turner and give Warner time to throw the Panthers could be in trouble, quick. The Cardinals will also have to commit to the running game like they did versus Atlanta to keep the Panthers honest. By the same token the Cardinals better not have a repeat performance like they did against the Patriots, the Cardinals are 0-4 on the east coast this year, but I think they can stay in this one. Win, Hello Money. It's hard to pass up 10 points in a playoff game. What has gotten into Arizona?


Eagles +4 @ Giants: The Eagles won in NY last month and the Giants beat the Eagles at home earlier this year. Without Plaxico Burres, Jim Johnson will be able to commit more to stopping the run, which the Eagles did yesterday in stopping Peterson. Mcnabb and Westbrook will have to play great games to win here, I'm sure the Eagles defense will show up to this game, both teams know each other well so I don't see too many points being scored here, I think the Giants win this game by 2. Win, Hello Money, without Plaxico the Eagles have the Giants number.


Chargers +6 @ Steelers: The Chargers have been playing great football as of late and managed to beat a hot Colts team on Saturday night. 6 points is alot here, lets not forget the Steelers won the earlier meeting this year 11-10. Rothlisberger will be playing but who knows how effective he will be. Rivers and Sproles have been playing great as of late, even without LT I like the Chargers here, their defense was all over Manning Saturday night and the Chargers punter was great at pinning the Colts offense deep several times in that game. Loss, Bye Bye Money. This game ruined my 4 game parlay, luckily I picked up my money with a hedge teaser.


There we have it lets hope for a 4-0 weekend, my account needs the money for my Superbowl action!!

No comments: