Game Theory Radio

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

NCAA Week #3 & NFL Week #2 Pick em

I'm putting out a combined blog this week due to the fact that I will be leaving tomorrow morning to head for College Station, I will be in attendance for the Texas A&M game on Saturday night. So ladies don't be afraid to approach The Blanket if you see me out and about, as I will no doubt be celebrating my 4 day escape from my captors. After a rough Saturday I desperately need a bounce back, so lets visit my picks for all this weeks action. Also don't forget to tune into the radio show tonight at 11:00PM EST time, you can catch us at www.blogtalkradio.com/gametheory



NCAA ACTION WEEK #3:


Cal -3 The Bears have crushed both opponents they have played thus far, and our home dog on a weeknight theory has been non-productive this far. So I am going to go against the grain on this one. The Pomeranian Pack has provided they are purely paper tigers, choking again and again on their home turf on an ESPN televised game. I foresee that trend continuing here. Cal is looking to stay lockstep with Oregon in the Pac-10 and the Ducks will cruise this week when they host Portland St. Cal by 5.
1 Unit.



ECU +20 I'm not so much betting against the Hokies in this contest as I am siding with a 3 touchdown spread, the Hokies season is over, they have no reason to get up for this game. ECU coach Ruffin McNeil has his Pirates playing at a high level and they will not be distracted by the VT logo on the side of the Hokies helmets as the Pirates have defeated them recently. For me this is too many points to pass up on a game between 2 teams headed the opposite direction.
4 units.



Arkansas +3 If Ryan Mallet wants to stay on top of the Heisman race he will have a nice game against UGA as Denard Robinson is making a large case to get some much deserved hype. The Bulldogs seemed to struggle mightily against South Carolina. The Razorbacks defense is no picnic and with AJ Green still I don't know how Andy Murray will look, even though they are at home I don't like the Bulldogs as favorites here. Lets hope for a big day from Mallet and Josh Childs.
1 unit.



Alabama -24 Duke is 0-5 all time when playing AP ranked #1 teams, losing by an average of 30.3 points. Although the Blue Devils are at home and much improved I don't know how they will fare against the Tide defense, and I'm sure Saban will have his team ready to ensure they don't have a let down here. Bama handled a decent Penn State squad with ease as the Nittany Lions narrowly avoided the shut out. Heisman winner Mark Ingram will be back so the Blue Devils will have to deal with him and Richardson platooning out of the backfield. McCelroy does not get enough credit in my opinion and should have a sold game on Tobacco Road. I don't like laying this many points but lets see how it works out.
2 units.



Utah -23 Screw it. Another game where I have to eat alot of points. New Mexico might actually make this game competitive if they field their basketball team. This is Utah's first road test of the season, not that its actually a "test" but................Utah has beaten a solid Pitt team (thanks for that push btw) and beat a pesky UNLV team by 28 last week. So I hope they take advantage of this poor sacrificial sheep in this contest as New Mexico has definitely become a sheep dressed in Wolves helmets.


There are my five NCAA picks I really need to get back on track with my NCAA picks as I have stumbled out of the gate the last two seasons.




Now lets get to my NFL Picks:


There aren't many games I'm that excited about this Sunday, so I will only be taking like 5 games. I would also like to thank the 49ers for making me look like an a**hole. That was awesome, pricks.



Eagles -4 Shaun Hill. Sorry just don't think he can get it done. If Stafford were playing I might go the other way but we won't be seeing him for a while because Julius Peppers almost killed him last Sunday. My dogs won't be speaking to my for laying money on a dog murderer but they will come around if I take my winnings and buy them some Greenies. The Lions will be game playing for Vick, so they won't be as back on their heels as the Packers where when he game into the game after Matthews gave Kolb the Diamond Cutter on Sunday. What worries me here is Detroit's awful secondary, Shaun Hill and the Lions inability to run the ball. In other words I don't see how the Lions can get pumped up for this game losing on a terrible call and down their ace QB.
2 units.




Ravens -1 Another road tilt on a short week? Are you serious Blanket?! Yes I am and here is why, the Bengals beat the Ravens twice last season. I'm sure that doesn't sit well with Ray Lewis, the Ravens will be flying high coming off their win against the Jets so I don't see any opportunity for a let down here. Flacco had a pretty solid game against the Jets, I also think the Ravens will have alot of success with Rice and Mcgahee running the ball as the Patriots pretty much gashed them last week with Fred Taylor. Boldin is the prototypical Raven and should have another productive week here. Payback time for the Bengals as Palmer will be too scared to throw against the Ravens and I don't see Benson having much success on the ground. I know the Bengals scored a few points last week but that was in dumpster fire time.
3 units.




Patriots -2 I know what your saying "alright this guy is crazy, the Jets are going to win the Superbowl this year" good luck with that my money loving friends. The Jets won't even win the AFC East write that down. Lets think about this OK, the Jets have a great defense but they simply can't score. The Sanchise is too scared to throw the ball down field, Shonn Greene has Petersonitus and can't catch out of the backfield, Dustin Keller still doesn't know where he is, Braylon Edwards is garbage, Holmes is suspended. Moss looks to be having fun but will be taking out as he goes for a 60 minute vaca on Revis Island, that leaves Welker versus Cromartie/ Wilson, did you see Cromartie/ Wilson against the Ravens WR's not too hot. Cromartie won't be able to keep up with Welkers cuts. Brady is on the top of his game and him and Belicheck figured the Jets out the 2nd time they played them last season. The Pats I am quite certain aren't too pleased with the Jets pre season non stop press junket/ dog and pony show. This one could get out of hand as The Hoodie is known to be a tad spiteful.
5 units.




Miami +6 The Vikings looked bad versus the Saints, the Dolphins didn't look to hot in Buffalo coming out of there with a 5 point win. That being sad Buffalo has been a house of horrors for the Dolphins the last few years. Also not really talked about is the fact the Bills have a great secondary, top 5 in the NFL. I have to question how the Vikings will get up for this game. Favre still doesn't have anyone to throw to. AP is due for a couple of fumbles, not to mention Favre looked less than polished against the Saints. I expect the Dolphins to keep this game close, the Vikings should squeak out a 2 point win. Tony Sporano likes to cover on the road (see last week) lets hope that trend continues here.
1 unit.




Saints -6 I expect Brees and company will have his team ready to go and they have had plenty of time to fix their shortcomings they had against the Vikqueens. I don't like Alex Smith in this spot, I don't care if its a Monday night home game or night. The 49ers are garbage, if they couldn't run against Seattle how are they going to accomplish that against the Saints and do you really trust the Smith to Crabtree connection? I didn't think so.
1 unit.


There you have it all my money makers in one nice wrapped package, I'm out. Be sure and catch the radio show tonight @ 11 PM.

No comments: