Game Theory Radio

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

NCAA Week #5 ATS Picks

Alright people, the traffic is getting heavy on my blog so the public must be waiting for me to make them some more money. I went 3-2 ATS last week, bringing me too 7-7-2 on the season. Still nowhere near where I want to be. Don't forget to listen to our show tonight at www.blogtalkradio.com/gametheory it will be on air at 11PM also become a fan of the show on Facebook and you can listen to the show as you are browsing my picks thanks to the widget I added. I really need a solid weekend and there isn't a whole lot to pick from. So here we go on another quest to capture more of that Vegas cash.




N.C. State +4 I guess no one is buying the Wolfpack yet, but I am liking them at home plus I get 4 points...........sweet. VT has no doubt bounced back from their early season stumble. The Wolfpack has been playing some decent defense, albeit they gave up 28 points to GT last week on the road, but how often do they see that style of offense. Tom O'brien has NC State heading in the right direction. Russell Wilson is a Drew Brees style quarterback and freshman running back Mufasa Green looks pretty good running and catching balls out of the backfield. So I hope the Wolfpack can continue their winning ways and win us some cash here!
2 units. Loss.




UTEP-15 Using the same logic as last week, the Lobos got midget tossed by an 0-3 UNLV team last Saturday losing by 35 points. The Miners can score points, the Lobos however have lost their last 4 games by an average of 46 points per game. Even though the Miners are on the road that stat has to make me feel comfortable with laying the 15. New Mexico's QB is also out for this game, so hopefully their back up is just as bad!
1 unit. Win.




Texas Tech -7 The Red Raiders have had two weeks to prepare for this contest, Big Game Tommy needs to get this win as he team is currently 2-1 and would like to stay relevant in the Big 12 especially with Texas losing last week. The Cyclones Austin Arnaud is questionable with a shoulder injury so who knows how effective he will be. I think Tech has the weapons to win this game comfortably, lets hope I am right.
1 unit. Loss.




Georgia -5 Both games I lost last week were from taking SEC dogs on the road, too bad Colorado isn't an SEC team. I don't quite understand this line, is Ralphie suiting up for this game? Lets not forget this is the same UGA team that played Arkansas and SC tough without AJ Greene who just so happens to make his return this Saturday just in time to make us some money. Mark Richt desperately needs this win, lets see if the Dogs can deliver.
1 unit. Loss.





Stanford +7 This is my favorite game of the week. Oregon is a finesse offense and Stanford is a smashmouth physical team. The Ducks aren't cut out to play that kind of game. Harbaugh is a no holds barred coach who will not take his foot off the gas. Stanford just like Oregon has a ton of weapons on offense and replacing Gerhart in the backfield has seemed to be a problem as the Cardinal has several backs who each have rushed for over 100 yards. I know that Autzen Stadium is a tough place to play and if I was a Stanford WR I wouldn't catch one ball because I would be drooling over the Ducks cheerleaders the whole game, but I'm not playing. I think the 7 is too much for the Ducks to handle in this spot. Stanford will wear them down.
4 units. Loss.


Another game I like but didn't put up is Temple -5 @ Army, keep an eye on that game. Until that day my friends, enjoy the money. Vegas..............come at me bro. Listen to the show tonight and I should have my NFL picks up by tonight.

No comments: