Game Theory Radio

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NCAA Week #4 Winners

So far I am off to a 4-5-2 start in my college football prognosticating session, unacceptable. I went 3-2 this past Saturday also unacceptable. 5-0 and maybe 4-1 is acceptable so I have some work to do. I have zeroed in on some teams to ride and will continue to do so until the wheels fall off. So lets see what I have for this Saturday's slate of money-makers:



Alabama -7 The Tide historically struggle in Fayetteville, and the Razorbacks are a solid team in the SEC, this will be Alabama's biggest test of the season. I say that because The Tide have 3 new DB's in the secondary, and of course the Razorbacks have Ryan Mallet and 2 stud WR's. Nick Saban went berserk of Bama giving up 13 points to the Blue Devils at the half. So I am sure he is hammering his defense with drills as I type this. The Razorback D had problems with Andy Murray and Georgia was able to pull even at 24 late in the game. I expect a steady diet of Ingram and Richardson to keep Arkansas offense on the sideline. Alabama will help their young secondary with their usual pressure on Mallet. Arkansas is a solid club but I don't think they have the horses to stay within a TD of the Tide.
4 units. Loss.




Tulane +20 Betting on the Green Wave? First time for everything my friends. Tulane lost to Ole Miss in their last game by 14 points. If Masoli couldn't put up more than 27 on them what makes one think that a 3rd stringer from Houston will be able to? Granted Masoli is nothing special, but unless Houston trots out Andre Ware I don't see how they win by more than 20. I like the Green Wave in a covered loss.
2 units. Win.




Gamecocks +3 I'm buying the Gamecocks this year, and conversely selling Auburn. They squeaked a win by Clemson last week, I'm not impressed. South Carolina is a psychical team on defense and offense. Garcia has weapons in Lattimore, Gurley and Jefferies. Garcia has to be able to handle the crowd in Auburn, if he has a decent game I like the Gamecocks to win this one outright but I will take the points.
1 unit. Loss.



UNLV -10 The Rebels play the Lobos in Las Vegas, both teams have 0-3 records, but at least UNLV has put up some type of resistance, seeking their first win of the season at home against the lowly Lobos is a good spot for them and my bank account. I will continue betting on whomever plays New Mexico until the wheels come off.
1 unit. Win.



Stanford -5 The Trees have quietly put together a solid squad in Palo Alto. I look for them to take the Pac-10 this year. ND has owned Stanford this entire decade with the exception of last year. I don't see how Harbaugh and Luck go into South Bend without having something to prove. Plus Luck can use the NBC nationwide stage to show off his skills and help his case for the Heisman.
4 units. Win.

There it is readers, tune into the radio show tomorrow night @ 9:00 PM EST @ www.blogtalkradio.com/gametheory I should have my NFL action posted later today.

No comments: