Game Theory Radio

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NCAA Week #8 Pick em

Had another ho-hum Saturday last week going a pedestrian 3-2, which brings me to a total of 14-15-3 on the year. I'm fighting the good fight to get over the hump. Not much for games that caught my eye this week but I have found some that we can make some money on. So lets see whats on the money docket for Saturday (and Friday)




Cincinnati -8 As most readers and listeners of the show know I am a USF Alumni, they have severely disappointed me this year, more so on offense. I have now become jaded with my own team. The Bearcats are a pretty solid squad and they always have USF's number. UC is tough at home and their 3 losses have come against #7 Utah, #3 OU and a decent NC State team on the road. The Bearcats lost to the Sooners and Utes by a combined 5 points on the road. The Bulls defense will do what they can, but ultimately the USF offense just can't sustain drives or move the chains. Daniels will throw his usual 2-3 picks and the Bulls just don't have a homerun hitter on offense. Bearcats by 10.
4 units. Loss.





Michigan St. -5 I never bought into the Wildcat hype, they are paper tigers who haven't played anyone and lost to Perdue and squeaked by Minnie and CMU. Sparty looks like a solid squad this year and have won some big games. I know that NW is 5-1 ATS versus Sparty in the last 6 games but this is a complete Michigan State squad that has yet to take a game off. Sparty takes it by 7.
2 units. Win.





Auburn -6 Let me preface this by saying I can't stand Auburn or Cam Newton. If you have been listening to the show you will have knowledge of the fact that I think LSU is a fraud. They will be on the road and forced to play a ranked team at night in the SEC. The LSU offense is a crap shoot. LSU has yet to beat anyone of note and struggling against Mcnese State isn't a good sign. The Tigers Auburn type will win this battle of undefeated.
1 unit. Win.





Washington State +35 The Cougars have covered 4 out of their last 5. Getting 7 touchdowns my way makes me happy. Stanford has been less than impressive since they got picture framed in Eugene. The Cougars will be able to put up 14-21 on the Cardinals overrated defense, I don't see the Cardinals lighting up the scoreboard and scoring 50-57 points, Stanford wins by 21.
4 units. Win.





Colorado State +31 The Rams have covered 4 out of their last 5 games, to include last weeks 33 point win against the Rebels of UNLV. The Rams have been improving (for them) the last few weeks. They will be on the road against a familiar foe against Utah. Jordan Winn struggled last week throwing 3 picks against Wyoming. No doubt the Utes get the win but 31 points in too much for them in this contest.
3 units. Loss.





There you have it my money loving friends. Would it be too much to ask for a 5-o weekend to get me over the hump or what? Well I am off to start working on my NFL action. Vegas has been getting the better of me thus far, I guess I am due some payback because I have been crushing them over the last few years. Good luck.

No comments: