Game Theory Radio

Thursday, October 7, 2010

NCAA Week #6 Picks

Had an abysmal Saturday last week going 2-4 for the season I am now 9-11-2. I get back above .500 this weekend. Here are my picks:


Nebraska -11 Battle of Big 12 undefeated, both teams are 4-0 KSU will be at home for this contest. I don't like laying this many points on a Thursday night road favorite but I think that Nebraska's defense will dictate this game. They will focus on stopping Daniel Thomas and force K-State to throw on them, which the Cornhuskers have Prince Amakumura and Crick to defend the pass. K State struggled against a UCF squad at home and while UCF has a solid defense they aren't on par with Nebraska. The Huskers had a close game last weekend, but I figure that was a look ahead affect for them.
3 units. Win.




Oregon -36 I am going to be a road warrior this weekend, I'm taking the Ducks here against the punchless Wazzou Cougars. The Ducks proved they were for real last Saturday by beating Stanford and taking my money. They will let me have it back with interest after this game. Oregon should be covering by halftime.
1 unit. Loss.





Arkansas -6 An SWC rivalry renewed. I wonder if they are going to bring this conference back at some point along with power houses like Tulane, Rice, Houston and SMU. Texas A&M is too sketchy for me right now on both sides of the ball. Arkansas is the second best team in the SEC and I am wondering about Jerrod Johnson's confidence and his teams conference in him. A&M is just to turnover prone to stay in this contest I feel.
2 units. Win.





Alabama -7 Here I go taking another SEC team on the road. The Tide beat their toughest opponent on their schedule in Fayetteville. South Carolina is a solid squad, but I think the Tide will stack the box and put pressure on Garcia to force him into some bad decisions, this of course after they shut down the Lattimore and the running game. We will see more of Ingram and Richardson wearing the stout Gamecocks defense out allowing McElroy to move the chains on 3rd and short.
4 units. Loss.





Notre Dame -6 Keeping road warrior weekend in tact I am taking the Irish here against and underachieving Pitt team. Dion Lewis is out and Sunseri just can't make enough plays and his best WR Johnathan Baldwin hates catching his passes. ND took care of BC last week, while BC is not much of an offensive threat, they are a pretty good defensive squad. ND gets it done here.
2 units. Win.




There we have it, lets hope for better results this weekend. I haven't started my NFL action yet but at first glance there isn't much that jumped off the page at me. Other games that look pretty enticing for a small play are Tennessee +11 and Stanford -10 . Good luck, I should have my NFL picks up tomorrow night.

No comments: