Game Theory Radio

Friday, October 8, 2010

NFL Week #5 Against the Spread Picks

My weekend started off good with a Nebraska cover and 3 more units added to my bank account so that is good times. Lets hope the trend continues into Sunday. There isn't much I am excited about in the NFL this weekend so we will have some small plays this week.


Broncos +7 A good sports bettor always takes into a count some off the field trends, professional sports teams do hit flat spots at certain points in the season after winning a big game against or losing to a rival. I think that is the spot the Ravens are in right here, Flacco beat the hated Steelers last Sunday on a late TD points putting Baltimore in the drivers seat in the AFC North. The Ravens will win this contest but I don't know how thrilled they will be in playing the .500 Broncos and neck beard. Meanwhile Kyle Orton is leading the NFL best pass offense into the Ravens nest.
1 unit.





Bills Pick The Jags just won the biggest game of their season against the rival Colts, as a reward Jack Del Rio rewarded his troops with a trip to Buffalo! Yeaaaaaaaah! This game should be deathly boring, I do like the Bills to pull out the win though. Fitzpatrick seems to work within the Bills "offense" and CJ Spiller is starting to get going. The Jags aren't going to want to show up for this game and Del Rio hates preparing for opponents not in his division.
1 unit.




Rams +3 I think the wrong team is favored here, the Lions have been playing well and staying in games but I don't know if they are quite ready to be favored. Rams are coming in at 2-2 and on a two game winning streak, so they might be feeling a little disrespected. Bradford and Clayton seem to be working well and Stephen Jackson is his usual self. Also, the Rams defense is pretty stingy, I think they can stay in this contest.
1 unit.




Packers -3 Redskins just won a very important game at Philly, couple that with the fact the Redskins also don not like to cover at home. Rogers needs a big game as the powers that be have been talking about how the Packers maybe weren't the right pick for the Superbowl. I don't know how the Redskins will defend against Green Bay's passing attack, both teams are less than stellar on the ground and i have to give the nod to the Packers defense.
2 units.




Falcons -3 I am assuming that Seneca Wallace will be the QB this week again. Well I have bad news for you Mr. I hate the Blanket. The Falcons will stop your run game and force you to throw, this will not work out to well as you will be intercepted and the ball will be returned to it's rightful place which is inside of your end zone. The Browns beat the Bengals last week but the Falcons are a different animal altogether, I know Matt Ryan struggles outside of a dime but I think the 49ers put a scare into Atlanta last week and they should get it back on track offensively here.
3 units.





There we have it picks for NFL Sunday, enjoy.

No comments: