Game Theory Radio

Friday, September 9, 2011

NCAA Week #2 Pick 'em

Short week, but it was still way too long. I had a tough time coming up with games this week thus the delay. Looking to improve on my 4-1 start last week, I Found 5 more money earners for this Saturday. I'm chasing the Chicago Kid after his 5-0 performance and have four others gunning for me in our yearly college football pick 'em contest. So without any more fanfare lets get to the money part.





Mississippi St. -6 Auburn got really lucky last week, squeaking by the Aggies and their freshman QB. Auburn struggles in home games during the daytime. Mullen's offense is way to much for the spotty Auburn D and the Bulldogs weakness from last year (pass defense) has had a year to hone their craft. Auburn will not have the success they had last week moving the ball on Saturday.Loss.

3 Units.





Hawaii +6 The Huskies squeaked by powerhouse Eastern Washington last week, I do not foresee that trend continuing here. Hawaii at home last week dusted off a decent Colorado squad. Moniz will have a big day against the Huskies defense who will spend alot of time on the field due to the fact Washington's offense will struggle to move the ball.Loss.

1 Unit





Stanford -21 I hate laying this kind of wood but............Duke lost to Richmond last week and now they have to get up for Andrew Luck? I'm not buying it! This game is going to get ugly quick, yes Stanford has a new coach, but he is cut from the same cloth as Harbaugh was. Stanford's running back by committee will be competing for carries so they will have success on the ground as well.

2 Units Win!





UCF -7 Biggest game of the year for the Knights. They seemed to have picked up where they left off last season after skull dragging Charleston Southern last week. BC on the other hand will be dragging themselves into Brighthouse field after a loss to the Dan Persa-less Northwestern last week, I doubt they will be stoked to play a C-USA squad who is clicking on all cylinders.Win!

2 Units






Ball St. +20 The Cardinals will come into Tampa with a chip on their shoulder after beating Indiana last week as a dog. USF coming off an emotional, marathon game last week could come out flat here. USF wins it but 20 will be too much in this spot. Loss.

1 Unit


There you have it, sorry for the late post but its money in the back nonetheless!

1 comment:

Chicago Kid said...

Good luck. After reading your Stanford write up I want to double down...I just don't see how Duke hangs. It seems too easy and that often times costs me, but I guess we'll just have to see. Good luck, like the picks this week. And I agree, tough week.