Game Theory Radio

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Weel #4 NCAA Picks and Week #3 NFL Picks

Did not have a good weekend last weekend, I am now 7-6-2 in my college picks, which is way below the Mendoza line for me, in NFL play I am now sitting at 5-6-1. I do not take solace in the fact that its been a tough season for handicappers thus far (with the exception of CK who is sitting at 13-2) so I am determined to get dialed in. Here is what I have for this weekend:


NCAA Picks:

Pokes +4 A&M hasn't won a conference opener in a while and the Aggies are last in the FBS in 3 and outs. Simply put I think this game is decided by 3 points either way. I am expecting between 70-80 points in this game, in the end it could be decided by a field goal. Kyle Field will be rocking but Ok. State seems to be the right play here.
3 Units.





Toledo +2 The Rockets have had a tough schedule so far this season, playing Ohio State and Boise State so far. The played the Buckeyes tough and were covering against Boise St until late in the 4th quarter, so I see no reason why the Rockets can't keep it within 2 in the Carrier Dome.
2 Units.





Notre Dame -7 As much as we like to bash them on our Game Theory Radio show (www.blogtalkradio.com/gametheory be sure to check it out, its an entertaining show and we often have some Vegas guests on as well) The Irish are a decent team, they have not had the luxury of playing a cupcake thus far. ND goes into Heinz field looking to get back to 2-2. I do not think the Panthers can stay with ND on offense and the Irish D has done a good job considering all the turnovers, so if ND can keep from putting the ball on the ground I like them to cover the & here.
3 Units.





San Diego State +11 Michigan wins this game, but its close. SDSU will have something to prove going against Coach Hoke for the first time since he jumped ship to Ann Arbor. The Wolverines struggle to cover as double digit favorites. I think SDSU can keep it within 6 here.
3 Units.





Florida -20 Kentucky has always been a doormat for the Gators, after losing to their cross state rival L'ville last week the Wildcats will be flat. I just don't see how Kentucky will make enough plays to stay in this game and if the Gators can cut down on the penalties they should take this game by 21. The Gators beat a decent Tennessee squad last week despite a huge amount of penalties so I see them fixing that and covering here.




NFL Picks:



Jets -3 Alot of people think the Jets lose here, I am not one of them. The Raiders have been decent thus far mostly on offense but the Jets D is a tad bit better than the Bills and Broncos. Its a homecoming of sorts and I don't think that Ryan will let his troops come stumbling into Oakland. The Raiders are improved, but not enough to stay with the Jets.
2 Units.





Lions -4 I am staying aboard the Lions gravy train this weekend, I might have to jump off soon as Vegas keeps making them favorites. The Vikings Donovan McNabb has lived up to his statement of "I have nothing to prove" so far this season. The Lions offense has been impressive thus far and the defense has looked sharp as well. The Vikings do get some players back for this game but I just don't see it being enough.
2 Units.





Dolphins +3 Miami has had a tough schedule so far and I don't see them starting off 0-3. They go to Cleveland to face a beatable Browns squad. The Dolphins revamped offense has looked alot better than the years prior and they have been a pretty good defense for sometime. I like the Dolphins outright.
4 Units.






Chargers -15 I know alot of people are going heavily the other way on this game. I still like the Chargers here though, KC is a bad team and the loss of Charlie Weiss has seemed to throw them off their game, plus losing players like Moeaki, Charles and Berry doesn't help things for the Chiefs either. These teams do not like each other, the Chargers coming off a loss to the Pats will be looking for some revenge in Arrowhead and will get it.
2 Units





Steelers -11 This game should be a laugher as the Colts are throwing in the towel. Indy does not have a QB or a running game so I do not foresee them finding the endzone often. The Steelers are still the Steelers and defense travels well. Pittsburgh takes this game by 14.
2 Units



Let's get the ship righted this weekend shall we? As always don't forget to check out our show on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10PM only on www.blogtalkradio.com/gametheory

1 comment:

TheMan said...

why would you post picks 2 days afta they were played how do we win money like that? step up your game blanket....very disappointing