Game Theory Radio

Thursday, September 1, 2011

NCAA 2011 Week #1 Pick 'em

I'm back, freshly awoken from my usual hibernation. In time nonetheless to bring you some money, all but hand delivered. Wisconsin is currently up 20-0 against UNLV on the way to cover the 35 I laid on them. Thanks to Russell Wilson for the good start. Speaking of good starts I just returned home from a meeting with USF head coach Skip Holtz, got to meet several of the players alot of excitement in the air for the USF program, big game against Notre Dame on Saturday, so it's make or break for us already. Let us get to what we are all here for and that is my picks which bring profits!




South Florida +11 Sure. I will take your money Vegas, this line just keeps climbing...........and so does my bank account. USF knows what this game means, Coach Holtz seemed very excited about Saturdays contest. ND is getting all their usual preseason hype. How focused will they be on a South Florida squad in their house when they have the Wolverines waiting for them at The Big House next weekend? For a night game...........with Coach Hoke making his debut..........and the Wolverine alumni back in the fold. I don't envy you Brian Kelly. USF has great team speed, BJ Daniels has another year of experience under his belt and USF finally has some WR's for him to throw too. Look for alot of AJ Love and Stephen Bravo-Brown in this one..........I like the Bulls outright. Win!
4 Units.



Baylor +4 RG3 is back, and in the hunt for the Heisman, Baylor should not be taken lightly this year, TCU has lost alot especially with Andy Dalton and Andre Brown going to the NFL. TCU is breaking in some new pieces on both sides of the ball and I like Baylor and the points here.
2 Units. Win!



Utah St. +23 My how quickly we forget this is the same team who took the Sooners to the brink last year in week one. Last time I checked Cam Newton plays for the Panthers so there goes 85% of Auburn's usually inept offense. I think the Aggies will stay in this game, 23 is too big of a number for the Tigers to swallow while suffering from a National Championship hangover.
2 Units. Win!




Boise St. -3 I'm not doubting the Broncos anymore, they did lose two key WR's to the NFL but last time I looked in the dictionary they still had Kellen Moore. This team is too well coached, not afraid of the hostile environments and they rarely make mistakes. I get that Georgia is supposed to be improved, but I hear that every year. Andy Murray is a stud, but the Broncos need this game to beat away the BCS nay sayers. Boise by 6.
2 Units. Win!




Oregon -4 Ducks vs. Bayou Bengals................not in Death Valley mind you, but Jerry's house. LSU isn't as good when they do not have home field. The Jordan Jefferson fiasco will affect the Tigers here, not to mention they have to deal with the three headed monster of the Ducks running attack which will confuse their defense and I just don't think Jarret Lee and the Tigers can get it done here. Loss
1 Unit.


There you have it my friends, enjoy your Labor Day weekend and your profits, until next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good picks, my friend. The more I think about it, the more I think Oregon will beat LSU - pretty handily. Then when Boise beats UGA, all the SEC haters will rain hellfire upon us like whoa.

Although Bama will still be in good shape. I hope our coattails are reinforced.

~J

Chicago Kid said...

Well done. I was close to taking Utah State as well, wish I would have. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum.