Game Theory Radio

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

NFL 2011 Week #1 Picks

What we generally do............in this country, is I make a bet................and Vegas pays me for it! Had a decent week #1 in college action going 4-1 (thanks again Oregon) and picking up 9 units. Lets hope that translates in to more of Vegas hard earned $$ finding its way to my online superfund!



Packers -4 I looked at the opening weekend lines and I thought "what can I use you fah?" rhetorical question......money is the answer. Packers have all their weapons back and last time I looked in the dictionary the Saints got phonebooked by the Seattle Seahawks. The Saints haven't really made enough improvements to make me think they can stay within 4 points of the Superbowl champs at home. Win!

3 Units.



Steelers +3 Guy at work today asked me if I knew who John Lennon was, I responded of course with "yeah, he was the President before Lincoln." He said "you must be a gambler" I said you show me a point spread and I'll get you something out of it. Steelers on the road @ the Ravens. Same story as above, this game is always tight, so I take the team that's getting points. The principles of detection tell me that's the Steelers.Loss.

2 Units.





Bears +3 NFC title game team getting points at home against an over hyped Atlanta squad? Yes please. Cutler will have a chip on his shoulder in this one. Atlanta has too many holes on defense for me to buy them here and they will be more worried about the Bucs week #2 due to the division game and all. Bears outright.Win!

3 Units.





Rams +6 (and climbing) Are you a psychiatrist? Well, if I was I would ask why the Eagles are laying 6 on the road to Bradford & Company and I bet if I was Sigmund Freud himself I wouldn't get an answer. The public will pound Philly all year long due to the self imposed "Dream Team" moniker. Look out for St. Louis this year, they have some nice pieces and some progressing young talent.Loss.

2 Units.





Giants -3 Some people don't trust a handicapper with an immaculate record, I have an immaculate record. Go ahead Giants lose on September 11th to the Redskins, the press will chop you up and feed you to the poor. Redskins are home, but it won't help. This team is going to be bad. Loss.

2 Units.





Pats-7 You fellas from Providence? "Isn't any business of yours now is it?" You deliverin' money or somethin? Because if you are it will probably belong to me after the Pats continue their domination of the Fish on Monday night in South Beach.Win!


2 Units





Lions +1 I thought it was nice you asked me which hand I gamble with, as I remember Vegas isn't that sentimental. The Lions are looking pretty good. The edge I see hear is Detroit's D-line versus the Bucs O-line, win for Detroit. I'm a little concerned that Freeman won't have time to find his WR's. Stafford will be upright and can really throw the ball around, Megatron has a big day, so does my bank account. Win!



Enjoy! Short and to the point (that's what she said)

No comments: