Game Theory Radio

Friday, September 30, 2011

Week #5 NCAA Pick 'em, Week #4 NFL Pick 'em

Another rough weekend going 2-3 on Saturday (actually should have been 3-2, thanks to that bs extra point fiasco in my Toledo +2 pick). I got blown out on my Sunday picks, but I think I am dialed in now on my NFL action. Let's see what's on tap for this weekend as I climb back into the race in my Pick 'em league.




Penn State -15 Indiana is bad, Penn State can score points and always show up on defense. I like the Nittany Lions on the road here.Loss.

3 Units.





Louisiana Tech -3 Tough team at home, and they have been scoring some points this season. Hawaii has the long flight away from home and they aren't as good when they are away from that distinct and distracting environment.Loss.

5 Units.






Temple -8 Solid team, Al Golden left a good squad behind in Philly. The defense has been solid and the offense can score points in bunches, basically they are the polar opposite of USF. Toledo will be flat here coming home from some tough losses including the abortion last week where Vegas took their pound of flesh and my cash.Loss.


3 Units.





Washington +10 I think the Utes are way overvalued here coming off their big win versus BYU in the Holy War. Washington can score and Polk will have success on the ground. I think it is too many points here and I will take them. WIN!

2 Units.





Clemson +7 This game gave me some trouble, Clemson has been playing some great ball thus far, that being said they always like to shoot themselves in the foot away from home. VT is decent as expected, but I think the Tigers can keep it within 7. WIN!

2 Units.





NFL Picks






Bengals +3 Cincy defense is vastly overrated, The Bills could get caught in a flat spot here after their skull dragging of the Patriots. Benson is suspended which will actually probably help us here. Dalton has been pretty solid so far this year, vastly improved compared to preseason at least so the Bengals should be able to move the ball against a suspect Bills D, who could have trouble getting up for the bottom feeding Bengals.Win!


2 Units





Panthers +7 Cutler and the Bears offensive line worries me, while the Panthers are no aces on defense I think Cam Newton and Steve Smith will do enough to keep the Panthers in this game. Im not going to go as far to say the Panthers will win outright, but the Bears definitely have some problems right now, I think their faith in their QB is a bit shaken. Win!

5 Units.





Dolphins +7 I should have jumped on this game when its was +9, the Dolphins are desperate right now and the Chargers look like they are sleep walking. The Chargers are really hurting on the defensive side of the ball and it will show here. The Miami defense should do enough to keep them in this game.Loss

2 Units.






Falcons -5 I have been fading the Falcons all season thus far. This week I am going to jump on them. Don't be fooled by the Seahawks performance last week against the Cards. The Cardinals have no running game right now, so Seattle keyed in on Fitzgerald the Cards lone offensive threat. The Falcons have much more than one offensive threat and Mike Smith like to cover on the road. Falcons in a blowout. Loss.

4 Units.






Vikings -2 The Vikings are a dumpster fire, but the offense has been scoring points and the defense has been giving them up in the second half. Don' be fooled by the Chiefs close loss at San Diego last week, as I stated earlier the Chargers have massive holes on defense. Loss

3 Units.




There it is. I really need to get back on track as Vegas has been getting the better of me thus far which is the wrong answer.

No comments: