Game Theory Radio

Friday, October 19, 2012

NCAA Week #8 Pick 'em

Decent showing last week going 4-1, however I was disappointed in my WVU pick, I knew it was a trap and still walked into it because I found some stats that pointed to a Mountaineers win. That brings me to 19-17 on the season +5 units (although Joker has me 18-18 and -1 unit, guess I am paying him some vigorish!) unacceptable results thus far but we have time to climb back to the top, even if I am paying The Joker a tax! I will be posting four games this week to make up for my flub in posting six picks a few weeks ago while I was stealing money from Vegas. Here is what I have for this week:



LSU -4   The Bayou Bengals head into College Station for a showdown with my brothers Alma mater Texas A&M. The Aggies are a respectable 5-1 and they crowd will be rocking at Kyle field. I do not see Johnny Football having much success moving the chains on the Tigers, defense always travels well. The Aggies were pushed to the brink against a high powered La Tech offense last week in a "home" game for the Bulldogs, La Tech's defense leaves something to be desired. I think we are getting some value here as the Tigers will look to expand upon their win vs Cocky last week.




2 Units.





ULM  +4    The Warhawks travel to play The Hilltoppers this week, the away game will not faze the Warhawks as they have played an SEC team on the road already this season. WKU is no slouch either and have an impressive 5-1 record. Who knew the Sun Belt would produce a few solid football squads this year. WKU struggles at home so I am comfortable getting 4 points here.





2 Units.






SDSU +7    The Aztecs travel to take on the Wolfpack. Nevada is 6-1 but they squeaked out a win in Vegas last week against cross state rival UNLV last week and have had some too close for comfort games against some less than stellar squads, they even lost to USF at home. Really? who loses to USF?? The Aztecs can put some points up, so I'll take the 7 feeling that SDSU can keep it within that.





2 Units.






Texas Tech -2   The Red Raiders coming off a huge win will look to keep it going against TCU. The Horned Frogs are missing their QB Pachall, even though the beat the defenseless Baylor Bears last week I think their luck will run out here. The Red Raiders shut down Geno and WVU last week with ease, I don't see a back up QB having much success even at home. Big game Tommy gets it done.




1 Unit




There we have it, lets hope for another solid outing, until that time!

No comments: