Game Theory Radio

Thursday, October 25, 2012

NCAA Week #9 College Pick 'em

4-0 last Saturday, in unpublished action I took Kansas State +3 and Penn State +1, both winners! That brings me to 23-17 +12 units for the season (not counting unpublished action of course), starting to round into shape for the dash to the finish. I have to say that I watched a large portion of the K State- WVU "game" and was rather impressed with the Wildcats, I knew they were good but noticed things like their backs are not afraid to run to contact and they just do not miss tackles, could they be playing Alabama for the BCS championship? Time will tell. Lets see what I have to help pay the rent this week.



Arizona +7   The Wildcats host the Trojans this Saturday, the Cats have a potent offense and their defense is a liability, but where the Cats really struggle on defense is against fast paced offenses (Oregon) USC sports more of a pro style offense so that should benefit us here, this would be a big feather in Richie Rod's cap and he has the QB in Max Scott to do it, after all he does run the 5th ranked passing attack in the nation. I like Arizona to keep within a touchdown.




2 Units.





Syracuse +3     This spread tells us that these teams are even. I beg to differ. The Orange have a real QB and something that resembles a defense and a coach with a desire to win. USF has none of those things. USF cannot beat Rutgers, UCONN, Cincinnati or L'ville. That tradition will continue on here. I like getting points with the better team, last week was USF's superbowl, coming off a bye facing an undefeated and ranked team. They lost. I get that L'ville is unbeaten but hey have had some squeakers against some week teams, FIU and Southern Miss to name a couple. USF is an undisciplined team and have no pride and they will lose on homecoming.






2 Units.






Miami (Ohio) +7   The Bobcats travel to take on the Redhawks, new territory here as Ohio is a ranked, unbeaten,  favorite on the road, that is alot for them to handle. Miami will be chomping at the for their shot at this ranked conference rival. I expect a low scoring slug fest here and Miami keeps it within the 7,




2 Units.






Oregon State -3      The Beavers travel to Washington to take on the Huskies, Sean Mannion is probable for this contest and will be looking forward to being back behind center, Vaz more than proved he is a capable back up just in case Mannion has issues with the knee. UW has had some serious issues at QB this season as Price has really regressed. There are also In and Out Burgers in Washington. Beavers take it by 7.




3 Units.





Western Kentucky -7     Cristobal's crew has become a shell of its last season self. The Hilltoppers have 2 losses, one to Alabama and one to ULM in overtime last week. I like the Hilltoppers to bounce back here. FIU is a pathetic 1-7 and could lose interest if WKU jumps up quick on them. Lets hope that is the case.



1 Unit.






I'm The Blanket and I approve this message, good luck to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have you at 22-18 +6, you have it at 23-17 +12. Sounds like we're differing on one game that was a 3 unit pick. Go over your numbers again and I'll correct mine if I need to.

Good luck this week.

~J