Game Theory Radio

Sunday, October 26, 2008

My thoughts on this weekend's football

I used to be a rabid NFL fan, but as the last few years have passed my intrerest has been waining rapidly. I also used to be a fan of the NBA, now I would rather watch grass grow than be forced to watch an NBA game. The NBA is full of cry babies with more shoe deals than points. Im not impressed that you scored 40 pts in a game when you go 20 for 80 from the field and the fouls every *^*&%)* 2 seconds. Snoooooooooooooooooze fest. Hockey is MUCH more entertaining then the NBA only problem is their are no pre madonna's in the NHL.

Now I come to another thought, has officiating gone from bad to horrible? As a "professional" gambler I get stressed out enough when I have a spread to cover, so not only do I have to bet against the other team's performance, I also have to bet against those crooked refs. Case in point the Giants game today, a bs personal foul for a late hit on Kenny Phillips? Bullshit, what about the 3 BLATANT holds the Steelers got away with? On these terrible calls the refs should be fired immediately after the game. Another example was the hit on South Carolina QB Steven Garcia, because of that play I lost money on that game, there is NO doubt in my mind that the ref deliberately went to hit Garcia, no doubt, there were several different areas he could have moved too.

After looking at the new AP Top 25 today, I laughed to myself when I saw USF (my alma matter) ranked #23. USF should not be ranked anywhere near the top 25. I have spent many years defending my school's football team, but now I am done. Its time for Jim Leavitt and Greg Gregory to get fired. 8 yards of rushing against Louisville are you kidding me? The offense just stands around looking at Matt Grothe all day long, make a play or surrender your scholarship. So do yourselves a favor and lose the rest of your games USF so you can be all alone in last place in the medicore Big East where you belong.

Other questions I asked myself with regards to the top 25 were as follows:

1.) Why is FSU ranked?
2.) Why is Ohio St ranked?
3.) Why is Oklahoma St ranked 9th behind teams such as Georgia, USC??? Oklahoma St should be ranked 4th the way I see it.


That's all I have for now, Ill be counting the money I won this weekend if you need me.

1 comment:

Eric Bandazewski said...

nice work big man, except for the one detail i pointed out to you in confidence. Good job otherwise!