Game Theory Radio

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

NCAA Week #8 Pick 'em

Vegas took alot of my units on Sunday that I had just won on Saturday, leaving me with 4 units of profit for the weekend, unacceptable. I intend to get my money back and then some, because I do charge interest, no free loans here. Enough small talk. Lets get to the action for Saturday.




Arkansas +6 Arkansas cares about my bank account. Ryan Mallet is the best QB in the SEC. Imagine him on Alabama?? Nasty. I expect the Razorbacks to come out pissed off for this contest as they were robbed last week in someplace called the swamp. Arkansas has a team of all around athletes, I like the duo of Mallet to Childs. Ole Miss needs to be sold to a glue factory. Plus the Rebels hate covering against the Razorbacks and I like getting points here as I think the wrong team is favored. Snead really misses Oher & Wallace and it shows. Loss.




Iowa St. +18 Same formula as last week, why are the Cornhuskers favored by 18 here? I love getting 18, 11, 4 pts because it turns a field goal into a touchdown, a couple of touchdowns and several touchdowns. I guess the Huskers are laying so many points because the have that guy Donkey Kong Suh, who cares about Mr. Donkey Kong. Iowa State loves to cover and their QB Arnaud loves scoring points, as he did against Kansas, lets just hope he his healthy and doesn't have a Tony Pike in the 2nd half. Win.




Idaho +15 Apparently King of all that is douche Mel Kiper Jr. jumped on the Vandals bandwagon, get off Mel. I have been riding them to the bank for a while now as they have been a covering machine. Nevada is a pants shitting money burner, who will be added to my list of the teams I hate the most. Write that down. The Pomeranian Pack cost me money twice this year and that can put you in hot water quickly as I don't like being embarrassed on my pick 'em forum. Nathan Enderle = Tony Pike, Colin Kaepernack = pants shitting dumpster baby. I just can't wait for the Vandals to beat the HIGHLY overrated Boise St. Broncos and their head coach Shane Van Drel. Loss. (Thanks Mel Kiper Jr.)




Iowa Pick I do not like going against my Spartans, but when money is at stake it forces me to be a realist. Iowa is like a used car, nothing pretty but they get the job done and are reliable. They beat a decent Wiscy team on the road last week and gave me profit for the 3rd time this year. The Hawkeyes are well coached and don't make mistakes. Meanwhile Sparty is having a mediocre year, they struggled with Northwestern last week and they have been making some turnovers in pretty much every game. Win.




UCF -10 I just found my UCF student ID the other day, yes that is where The Blanket started his college education. My brother is also an alumni as well, then he went to grad school at Texas A&M after I threatened to abandon him if he went to Florida. That being said my brother hates going to schools with good football teams. UCF and coach front butt follow a distinct pattern, it goes like this: W, L, W, L, W, L, ? you see a trend? and here are the lowly Rice Owls, me and Billy Vegas scramble to see who Rice is playing every week because Rice hates to win, but even more they despise covering. Lets hope they continue their losing ways. Coach Red Face has to win this game. UCF has a solid defense, a nice RB. Hodges has been in college since I was in high school and should be able to throw against the Rice "defense" also Rocky Ross has been at UCF since I was still in the womb and is a perennial pain in the ass pass catcher who hates graduating in centuries that are numbered 0-9. UCF rolls. Win.




Auburn +8 Statement game for the Tigers here after getting milk cartoned by Mallet & Co. as well as the Wildcats, they need this game to regain some respect. The Bayou Bengals are a fraud and they are 1-8-1 against the number at home in their last 10 games. That is usually what happens when your offense hates scoring points.Loss.



Season Record 24-18-1
That is what I have so far, I am still kicking around some other games. I will research them and get back to you all. In case you are wondering what games, I will tell you: Air Force +10, Mississippi St +23, Miami -5. I shall return.

4 comments:

Eric Bandazewski said...

This was easily your best comedic work, Pomeranian pack, rocky Ross, hilarity.....much like the Vegas "lines"

The Blanket said...

I did go off on a bit of a tangent, but the readers don't want too many facts and figures because they know I research my picks, I like to get back to my roots!

Eric Bandazewski said...

what really made it standout was your plagerism =)

Chicago Kid said...

Finally posted my picks, I too really like Iowa and Arkansas as well. I was tempted and really like several of your picks, including Idaho and UCF, but found a few I prefer. And while I haven't spent as much time on them yet, I agree with a lot of your NFL picks as well. Good luck this week, hopefully we can continue the run.