Game Theory Radio

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 6 College Football Pick 'em

I'm not really excited about any of these match-ups this weekend. Plus my Bulls are on a bye week, so it will be a stress free Saturday of sorts. Most of the games I am taking Saturday are low spreads. I am becoming increasingly reluctant to take big numbers, of course I have never been a chalk eater though. Most of the games I am taking Saturday will be for 2 units, maybe a multiple unit play on LSU though. Speaking of which, I like how Tebow is a "gametime decision", man I cannot effen stand Urban Meyer, that guy would punch a pregnant woman if it would give him an advantage. Living in Florida I have grown so tired of the UF and FSU homers around here, most of whom have never even been to college. It is especially bothersome due to the fact that I am a USF Alum and alllllll of the people I know in Tampa and hangout with graduated from UF or FSU................hmmmmm, maybe time for some new friends! Enough small talk, lets cut to the money chase.



Nebraska -3 I am going against my Home Dog Theory again here, perhaps mocking the gambling gods. However, Mizzou has yet to face a defense the caliber of Nebraska's, I think the Tigers are another year away from becoming a Big 12 force again once Blaine Gabbert gets some more games under his helmet. Nebraska has blown out three cupcake teams, while Mizzou has struggled against some less than stellar squads. Pellini's squad hung tough with VT in Blacksburg, so they have some big game experience that should help them cover the 3 in this contest.Win.




Georgia +2 Say this out loud: "I feel comfortable laying points on John Crompton" doesn't sound right does it? Some people feel Georgia will be flat in this spot, but Tennesssee also is coming off a tough loss to Auburn. I think this will be a statement game for the Bulldogs as they are less than pleased with the call that went against them last week. The Bulldogs D looked good against LSU and they still have AJ Green. Richt will have his team ready to play here. Joe Cox is the better of the two QB's, although that isn't saying much. UGA is 9-1 it's last 10 road games SU and the Vols are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 at home, smells like a recipe for cash! Loss.




Arkansas +3 Auburn likes to give up alot of points, so when I see a team like Testicle Tech come into their house and hang 30 on them I find that troublesome. Ryan Mallet has been impressive, sans the Alabama contest. The Razorbacks destroyed a decent Texas A&M team on Saturday and my little brother is probably still crying in his soup to see his Aggies get beat down on primetime. Auburn is still a paper Tiger in my eyes (pun intended). I see no reason why the Tigers should be laying points on the road. Which is probably why Vegas is paying even money to entice the public to take Auburn. Auburn is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road.The Razorbacks are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 against Auburn. Win.




Alabama -5 Jevan Snead is really missing Micheal Oher and Mike Wallace, the Rebels have yet to beat a quality opponent and I don't envision this game being close. Saban will have his Tide ready to play as the Gators face a possible L in Baton Rouge that night. Alabama's defense is still very strong even with the loss of their go to guy Hightower. The public has been pounding Ole Miss which makes me even more comfortable with this pick. Alabama is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 on the road while the Rebels are also 5-1 ATS in their last 6 against Alabama. Win.




LSU +10 I am going to be a big LSU fan on Saturday night for two reasons, #1 I like money, #2 I hate the Gators with every fiber of my being. Florida has played NOBODY this year, NOBODY. Ultimate douchebag Meyer will definitely play Tebow regardless of what those silly doctors have to say, he is that selfish. Tebow was 5-10 passing against juggernaut Kentucky, good luck with that. The Volunteers showed the blueprint to beat the Gators and Les Miles will use that in his gameplan. LSU will be fired up for this game as they look to prove their number #4 ranking, 8 is a big number in this spot. Baton Rouge will be rocking came Saturday night. Push.




GT +3 FSU is in turmoil, poor Bobby Bowden, he brings the program from nowhere to a national powerhouse and they are trying to run him out of town, so much for loyalty. That being said don't think I am a Bowden homer because I don't like him, based on the disparaging words he said about USF. I'm tired of hearing about Jimbo Fisher too, I can't stand that clown. He is an Urban Meyer junior who looks like he has a part time job delivering pizzas, what a slob. GT has played a pretty decent schedule and are still in redemption mode after the loss to Miami and are still contenders in the ACC. FSU has no identity right now and the Bowden deal seems like a real distraction for the team, evident by last weeks collapse in Chestnut Hill. GT is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 road games while FSU is 1-5 ATS when playing GT.



That's what we have for Saturday, pretty decent slate of action. Lets get back in the black!! Because going .500 doesn't pay the bills!


Season Record 15-13-1

No comments: