Game Theory Radio

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

College Football Week #10 Pick 'em Challenge

In an effort to redeem my good name I will be going 5-0 in my pick 'em challenge this week. I will be posting extra action above and beyond this posting as well, so fret not. I plan on having a money orgy in my account this weekend, I need a cash injection as the same money has been hanging out in my account for the past three weeks. It is time for them to make some new friends who will be imported from Vegas, tax-free. I am a tad backed up on my action right now as I have only handicapped 4 NFL games thus far, one of which will be my NFL pick of the month, thanks to a juicy tidbit I discovered. Here is what I have to bring myself and my ego back to respectability:



Wisconsin -10 Indiana had an epic pants shitting last week, in what was their Superbowl and they blew their load ( and my cover, had them +18, thanks for the Push Vegas ) against the Hawkeyes. The Badgers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 when playing Indiana on the road. John Clay puts the Hoosiers in a bad spot, they will have to load up in the box to stop Clay, but then again Indiana is horrible versus the pass. As you probably witnessed when Stanzi threw lame passes to wide open receivers in the 4th quarter last week. Indiana hates playing football for more than 3 quarters. The Badgers coming off a beatdown of Purdon't will be hungry for more. Wiscy has beaten Indy by more than 10 points every year since 2005, lets roll with that trend.Loss.




SMU -17 Last week I did not have my reverse money train Rice available due to a bye week. I love betting against Rice, they could play me by myself and I would cover. Bo Levi Mitchell and June Jones should have a field day at home. Rice hates scoring points and playing defense, I think its safe to say they will continue that tradition.Loss.




Oklahoma State -7 We are getting good value on the Pokes here, after they got destroyed by an overrated Texas team on Saturday night. The Pokes embarrassed me, I knew once I placed the bet it was bye bye money. That's what happens when I 2nd guess myself. Not having Bryant and Hunter forced Zach Robinson to do everything himself, he wound throwing 4 picks en route to a blowout. The Pokes destroyed the Cyclones last year, beating them by 42 in Stillwater. The Cyclones were covering for me early in the season but I faded them last week, just in time as they got smashed by Texas A&M. I was lucky to escape the Nebraska game with my money intact as the Cornhuskers were allergic to the football and kept dropping it. Lucky for them Iowa State is anemic on offense, too bad my bank account won't be after this game.Win.




Oregon -7 The Ducks are blowing everyone out, to include USC. To some this might be a breather alert, to me its a cover and profit. The Ducks are 6-1 ATS when playing Stanford. I don't think very highly of the Cardinal, they were unimpressive against Oregon State and incapable of playing from behind and they lost to Wake Forest. Oregon is playing with fire right now and are in the drivers seat in the Pac-10 for a Rosebowl berth against Iowa. I don't see the Ducks falling asleep behind the wheel here. Massoli has been great and should receive some Heisman consideration, the Ducks also found a great RB to replace Blount. Stanford's offense is sluggish and will not be able to keep up with Oregon firepower.Loss.




Oklahoma -6 Wow Vegas hates money. Why does Nebraska get so much credit, they haven't done shit. The Sooners defense will crush them, if they struggled against Iowa State how will they score points here. Small Game Bob Stoops should be up for this game against a Big 12 North opponent as the Sooners can ill afford to drop another game. Donkey Kong Suh is fresh off a brush with the law, so who knows if he will be playing or not. Oh, and by the way the Sooners are 7-1-1 in their last 9 road tilts, I think the K-State game got us some value here.Loss.


******EXTRA PICKS******** (for those of you who can't get enough free money!)

Texas A&M -3 The Aggies seem to have found their stride after getting embarrassed by K State. The Buffalo's are a toenail clipping fire. They are in total disarray, they have major QB problems and their starting running back quit the team this week. A&M has been one of the few teams in the Big 12 with consistent QB play, Jarrod Johnson has been putting up solid numbers this season, and I think Colorado has given up on the season with all of the problems.Loss.

UTEP -7 The Miners knocked off Houston earlier this year, so we know they can put up some points, they also knocked off Tulsa. Lets hope they don't sleep walk through their game with Tulane, as Tulane is awful and has been blown out by every opponent except for Army (who they beat by 1 point). Lets hope they lose by 20 again here.Loss.

Duke +10 UNC has a good defense but has alot of trouble moving the ball and they are very inconsistent. Meanwhile Duke has been quietly covering away and they played VT very tough and they also beat another defensive team in Virginia. Lets hope Lewis can score some points and the defense keeps the game within a touchdown reach.Loss.

GT -14 The Jackets have been scoring a ton of points, they have been giving some up as well though. Two of Wake's best players in QB Skinner and WR Williams are both out for this contest. So I am not to sure how they will be able to keep up with the Tech offense. Also this is an ACC game so I expect Tech to take Wake for real instead of playing sloppy like they did at Vandy last week.Loss.

Season Record 31-31-2
Pick 'em Chalenge 2-7-1
Well that is that and this is it. I'm out. I am gassed from two mid-terms this week. About time for me to think about fading grad school! I'll be back later with some more college action and a full slate of NFL action, from the looks of it Thanksgiving is this Sunday!! Thanks Vegas!!!

3 comments:

Chicago Kid said...

Hey, you got my favorite 2 picks as well, OU and Oregon. Totally agree! I'm trying to round out the rest of the 5 now, but wanted to let you know that I'm already on those 2 as well. Time for a big week.

The Blanket said...

yeah, I also took Houston as a Pick, Tulsa is out of sorts on offense with Malzahn gone to Auburn. It is going to be a very heavy NFL Sunday for me, so I need to secure funds and profit on Saturday!

Chicago Kid said...

Damn, I got on Houston early at -2; thinking of doubling down now that it is a pick, but for some reason that makes a little nervous like I am missing something. . .