Game Theory Radio

Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Recap NCAA Week #10 / NFL Week #9

I walked into a Vegas ambush Saturday as did fellow handicappers The Joker and The Chicago Kid. Billy Vegas managed a 4-4 ATS day. I went 1-4 on the pick 'em challenge and 2-9 on the day, thanks to a last minute TD by Houston to cover the Pick @ Tulsa. Pathetic none the less. I went 6-2 on posted NFL action and made some nice money with an unpublished Steelers cover tonight to cut my losses to 5 units for the weekend. I am also embarrassed that I missed my pick of the month, as the Packers had an epic pants shit in Tampa. That just goes to show you that you can handicap a game to the T and the gambling god will smite you. I hit 2 out of 3 on my NFL live dogs on Sunday, winning with the Chargers and Titans and losing with the Texans. I will have to knock on some wood that the Seahawks and Chiefs covered, I got lucky there. Billy Vegas has petitioned me to go back to our old formula of him doing the college games and myself doing the NFL action. I honestly could have had a better Saturday if I let my dogs pick games against the number, maybe I will try that. That was my worst single performance of my handicapping life, it was almost surreal. I turned off the Badgers game with them pushing and took a quick nap as The Blanket has not been feeling well and had to rest up for one of my friends engagement parties, poor guy. I checked my phone for the scores at about 7:30 and the look on my face was that of pure disbelief, the color was gone and I was as white as a sheet. I normally only bet 1 unit on each college game, I might cut it to .5 units from now on as I plan on scaling my college action back to 5 games from now till bowl season. Remember what I said about Bowl Season Vegas, write it down and put it on your refrigerator. I will ramp up my NFL Picks probably going to 10 games this week. The spreads are up and I will start doing some digging tomorrow. Until that time.

2 comments:

Eric Bandazewski said...

It's too bad that after 4 years of this, Vegas still doesn't understand the Soldiers Creed.

The Joker Report said...

Looking forward to your bowl picks. I usually blow ass on those, so I might take some of the blanket's advice.

Or I could just take all my picks that I feel really good about, reverse them, and make millions.

Oh, I'm stealing your dog suggestion. Makes for good writing. In my head, at least.