Game Theory Radio

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NCAA Week #11 Guest Pick-a-thon

After I decided to defecate in my pants last Saturday from 12pm until the end of the Chokelahoma game I had a genius idea, why not have guest pickers to choose 5 games each this Saturday, could they possibly do any worse? My guest pickers will be Kayleigh my 2.5 year old Siberian Husky and Diamond my 9 year old Lab-mix. They have not yet earned handicapping monikers, but if they have a good Saturday they might replace The Blanket. I took my hard drive apart yesterday looking for a smaller version of Soundwave from Transformers 2 "Revenge of the Fallen". After watching Transformers 2 the other night I became paranoid that a Decepticon had wrapped himself around my hard drive in an effort to pass my picks on to Vegas so some point shaving could then follow and my money would travel through the cables into Bodog's bank account. Kayleigh and Diamond will be picking games by eating one of two milk bones placed atop a face up index card, the index card will have a team name on it; the one that is eaten first will be their pick.





Bearcats -9 Historically this is always a close match-up, the last blowout was a win by WV 35-0 in 2005. These are two different programs now. The Bearcats squeaked by a pesky UCONN team by 2 points last week. I am thinking that the Bearcats got the scare they needed. Coach Kelly should have his troops ready for this Friday night contest. Zach Collaros has been on fire since taking over for an injured Tony Pike. Pike will be available for this game as well. The Mountaineers have not been that impressive this year, and I don't like them in this spot on national tv. Brown and Devine have ankle problems so who knows what to expect from them and they struggled with L'ville last week. I think WVU is in a rebuilding year and Cincy should cover the 9 here.Loss.



Volunteers +5 Snead has had alot of trouble with stout defenses all year. So I am sure Kiffin will have a special treat for him. The Volunteers have been covering machines as of late. they also have figured out how to score points as they blew out SC and Memphis. So I like getting 5 points here. Ole Miss really struggles to move the ball against good defensive teams (Alabama, SC) so I look for that trend to continue here.Loss.



Stanford +11 I guess I haven't learned my lesson with taking road teams. Given USC's recent performances though I think it will be tough for them to beat this number. Stanford butchered the Ducks last week, and did exactly what they needed to do to win, which was get out to an early lead and make Oregon catch up. Andrew Luck looks to be the best QB in the Pac-10 he really made some spectacular throws last week against a good Oregon defense. Can anyone tackle Toby Gearhart? It doesn't like it. Lamicheal James ran wild against the Trojans when they played the Ducks, so hopefully Gearhart follows suit. USC also really struggled against the Sun Devils last week, I think the Cardinal can hang with them.Win.



Auburn +5 The Tigers have been a little Jekyll and Hyde this year, but Georgia has been a train wreck. Even though this contest is "between the hedges" I don't see the Bulldogs being able to contain all of Auburn's weapons. AJ Green will make plays in this game but he is all the Bulldogs really have. Richt needs to reload his team. I take the points here on another visitor.Loss.



Pitt -7 I enjoyed watching Notre Lame lose last week to Navy, bye bye BCS!! Hello University of Phoenix Community College Poly -Tech School for Mimes/ Jiffy Pop Bowl! Good luck with that Coach Front Butt. Pitt will run wild at home on the Irish and Bill Stull should have another great day. I think the Irish players will mail this one in and except their invitation to a Bowl Game at 11am on Thanksgiving Day. Panthers maul Coach Front Butt and his band of overrated Bible thumpers. Loss.



*******Bonus Pick******
South Carolina +16 The Ol' Ball Coach should have his team primed and ready to go against his former employers. The Gators have no reason to cover this game, at this point they just need to win every game from here on out by 1 point and they will be in the title game. No more style points, and you can bet that the SEC refs won't let the Gators lose anyway. South Carolina needs to have a good showing after the beat down the Volunteers put on them. I think the Gamecocks can keep it within 2 TD's with their defense plus they will be at home in front of a raucous crowd.
Win.


*************************************************************************************
As advertised here are my dogs picks, first we will have Kayleigh, my 2.5 year old Siberian Husky, she just took her plastic visor off and the pencil from behind her ear out, she is now a professional prognosticator:

Northern Illinois (Huskies) -17
UCONN (Huskies) Pk (I tried to tell her they are on bye week, she would have none of it.)
Washington (Huskies) +12 (I'm noticing a trend here.)
South Florida -1 (At least she believes in Daddy's Alma Mater.)
Perdue +3 (Apparently she doesn't care for Sparty)

Now for Diamond's Picks, lets see what the grizzled old vet has up her paw!!
South Florida -1 (She must be tired of hearing me complain about my team losing.)
West Virginia +9 (Smart dog, she is fading my pick!!)
Tennessee +5
Notre Dame +7 (Pick #2 of mine that she has faded)
Stanford +11 (I think she prefers treats from my right hand for some reason!)



Enjoy my picks money lovers, I am due for a good Saturday. Let's hope I can get off the snide here.

1 comment:

The Joker Report said...

Diggin' it. Honestly though, we should straight give up if our dogs beat us. I equate it to women picking better March Madness teams than guys by which mascots/colors they like better.