Game Theory Radio

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

NCAA Week #12 Give-my-$$$$$-awayathon

I got my ass kicked again on Saturday, so I will be nickle and diming my college picks from now on; or at least until I string some covers together. Lets recap last weekends total losses. I got destroyed on college games, went 5-4 on my NFL picks, lost my fantasy football match up, got eliminated from my Survivor League, fell to the 98th percentile in my Pro Pick 'em league and 88th percentile in my College ATS Pick 'em league, good stuff..........I like!! I have to stop trying to out think the room. That being said here is my latest attempt to go 0-5 in the Pick 'em Challenge, along with a couple bonus games that I will fail to cover:




Boise St -23 I like to get one loss in during the week, that way I am assured that I will continue to lose money come Saturday. The Aggies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games versus the Broncos, which means they will cover this game easily. The Broncos average margin of victory over Utah St. is 37.5 points over the last 4 contests, further proof that the Aggies will cover. The Broncos need a huge win here to keep pace with TCU and Cincy who each have a leg up on Boise in the BCS standings. The Broncos easily dispatched with the Vandals last week and have a showdown with the Pomeranian Pack next week which will be their toughest opponent since Oregon, further evidence that Boise St won't cover here.Win.



TCU -31 I don't like laying alot of points, but apparently I like to give my money away to Vegas on Saturday afternoons and evenings. TCU hammered the Cowboys last year and they are also looking to keep up with the pack for a BCS berth. Andy Dalton has transformed from a game manager to a solid QB. Wyoming has struggled to score points at times, so seeing as how I am taking the Horned Frogs here, the Cowboys should light up the scoreboard and cover easily. In all honesty I do not see how the Cowboys will be able to score more than 7 points here. They were shutout by Air Force no to long ago, as well as blown out by BYU 2 weeks ago. TCU is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road tilts while the Cowboys are 6-1 ATS in there last 7 games, further proof that I will also lose this game.Win.



Rutgers -8 Rutgers is starting their usual late season surge, hey Jim Leavitt you should try that sometime. The Scarlett Knights have lost to 2 top 10 teams, Cincy and Pitt. Syracuse is losing players faster than my Bodog account is losing money. Rutgers destroyed USF on naty TV, much to my embarrassment. Paulus is alot like BJ Daniels, both point guards and both like to scramble around for 30 seconds and then throw a pass for negative yardage, get sacked, fumble or throw a pick. Rutgers should take advantage of this situation and destroy the Orange in the Carrier Dome. With Syracuse's lack of players I don't see how they can stay in this game versus a Rutgers team that believes in themselves.Loss.



Stanford -7 The Cardinal are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 home games, which means they should fail to cover this game. Harbaugh's bunch has been quite impressive and covered for me last week as they destroyed USC, this was surprising as I though they might be a little flat coming off a victory against Orgeon. Andrew Luck will be the best QB in the Pac-10 for the remainder of his time there. Nobody has had success stopping Toby Gearhart, so with both the passing and running game looking solid Stanford should have no problem covering the 7 against a Jahvid Best-less Cal team.Loss.



Nevada -30 I would like to finish this Saturday out with a solid 0-5 mark, so i will be taking the Pomeranian Pack to shit their pants against the powerhouse New Mexico State. Nevada has seemed to figure out its offense and they have cost me money twice this year, I look for that trend to continue. The Aggies love getting blown out and I love giving my money to Vegas apparently so I look for New Mexico State to cover this game easily so I can wire transfer some more cash over to Bodog. Win.



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Extra Money Picks:

UCONN +7 Zach Frazier heads back to South Bend with a chip on his shoulder, let's hope the chip doesn't tell him to throw any interceptions. UCONN's O-line will dominate ND up front as they are all the same size as coach Front Butt. UCONN is a pesky team with a solid running attack and two weeks of prep time. What better game for the Huskies and Edsel to win and dedicate to their fallen teammate Jasper Howard then a win at ND? The only suspect area on UCONN is their secondary, lets hope they use the running game to eat clock. Win.


Ohio State -12 You won't cover this game Jim Tressel, you point shaving, sweater vest wearing shitbag. Your team can't score, even against Michigan. Prove me wrong, you won't. Michigan has no defense, if you put their defense with the USF offense they would make the worst team in D-1 football. The Wolverines top rusher is out and I don't think Forcier can keep it close by himself. Loss.


Penn St -3 Joe Pa loves to win games that no one is talking about, this is one of them. Sparty is having a down year and lost to Notre Dame which shamed me. Michigan State is having problems on offense, I think Penn State might be too much for them to handle. You may notice that the Blanket always wears a Michigan State hat (and sometimes covers........) I am not an Alumni..........yet........I am too embarrassed to wear USF gear in Tampa, which is a town overrun with Gator and Seminole fans. The Blanket was supposed to be going to Law School at MSU but thanks to the economy I don't have the money..............soon enough me friends.........soon enough.
Win.



USF -11 Speaking of embarrassment, here come my Bulls right on cue. L'ville struggles to win in Tampa, even when they were good............this year they are not good. After a barn-burning 10-9 victory against Syracuse, but the Cards have major problems, the Bulls cannot lose this game or Leavitt could be kicking rocks.............not that its a bad thing. Bulls should squeak out the 11 point spread. Win.



LSU+4 Ole Miss crushed LSU last year, but they are not as good this year. I don't quite understand why the #9 team in the country is a 4 point dog but OK. The Tigers offense has been getting a little better each week, while their defense has been pretty solid through out. Hopefully the LSU that played Florida and Alabama shows up and not the LSU that struggled against La. Tech. Win.


Season Record 40-38-2
Pick 'em Challenge 6-13-1
There you have it, my 5 guaranteed losers. Please feel free to fade all of my picks and enjoy the money that I will win you because I obviously have become allergic to covering college football games and money.

No comments: