Game Theory Radio

Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Recap NCAA Week 12 & NFL Week 11

First lets start out by letting the readers know that it is once again time for Yahoo! College Bowl Pick 'em. For those of you who would like to compete against The Blanket during the bowl season feel free to join, it is a public league on Yahoo! under the name "Potassium Exporters" (Group ID #1292). I will see you there! Anyone dare try and take my trophy from me??! Now on to the details of this weekend. I had a decent Saturday, I went 7-3 on posted action, then I had a late trigger pull on Oregon St & Oregon ML, both wins. 9-3 for my Saturday, I'll take it. However, I am not happy that I passed on UCF -21 and UNC +4, I knew I should have taken those games. I used the reverse psychology trend to snap me out of my funk, maybe it worked or maybe the teams I played on just did what they were supposed to do. I would also like to talk about how much Ohio St stinks, not only did you fail to cover the 12 against Michigan, you couldn't even score against them, truly pathetic. Forcier gave you 7 points, 4 interceptions and all you could muster against them was 21 points? What a joke. Good luck bringing that rag tag act into the Colosseum against the Ducks. What else..................Oh yeah...........bye bye coach Front Butt, I wasn't surprised to see ND go down at all. I called it matter 'o fact. I guess I fail to see the lure of ND, OK they were awesome when dinosaurs roamed the earth, who cares now. Claussen is an over-rated ESPN darling who will suffer the same fate as Quinn, sorry but Claussen is neither accurate or crisp with his throws. I also hope Tebow enjoys his 5th round selection, if he goes that high I might be surprised to tell you the truth. Why doesn't Zac Robinson get any credit? Oh that's right his coach isn't Urban Meyer or Front Butt. Well on to the NFL, where I struggled mightily I went .500 with the Titans +5 tonight. Disgusting. I took a beating yesterday in the 4PM games as well. However, after getting very frustrated and collecting my winnings of the Chargers cover I took all the money in my account and divided it by 3, put 1/3 on the Eagles -3, another 1/3 on the Eagles ML @ -170, and the last 1/3 on the Prop Bet Alternate line that had the Eagles +3.5 at -200. Me Likey!!!! Now my account is back up to acceptable levels at 30 units (that's my fighting weight). The Steelers crapped their pants and ruined my Sweetheart teaser I had them +2, thanks alot. Steelers have no business going to the playoffs and I hope they fail to make it, with that "vaunted Dick Lebaeu defense" the lowly Chiefs should not be throwing the ball all over the yard on you, unacceptable. Maybe you guys might wanna take each game seriously, nobody gives a crap that you are the Steelers and they are going to lay down for you. Keep it up and at the end of the season I call up Mike Tomlin and say "Losses, How many Yinz got??" Funsticks. I still have no idea who will be playing the Vikings in the Superbowl this year, I thought maybe the Bengals, but they proved last night they are a fraud. Could you imagine a Superbowl between the Bengals and the Saints, holy crap, talk about two annoying fan bases. How many times would the English language be butchered with "Who Dey?" and "Who Dat?". I'm not sold on the Colts, teams are catching on the Manning. Anyone for the Ravens or Patriots coming out of the AFC to play Favre in Miami? Oh yeah, before I go any feedback on my posting of the prop bets/ live dogs/sweetheart teasers? Love it? Hate it? What is he talking about? I will keep posting it on Sunday mornings and keep it up until the end of the 4 o'clock games. It's some what of an eye sore so I take it down, For those of you concerned with how I did, I lost my Sweetheart Teaser by 1 point (Thanks Steelers) I won 2 of the three prop bets and lost on 1 live dog (Browns).

2 comments:

Eric Bandazewski said...

I'm glad i saw this before i crash head first into the monitor. Starting to feel like im back on tower guard on the 240 seeing things and shooting at the birms thinking Haji is storming the gate!

"SPC Ski what the fuck are you shooting at?"-SFC Roberts

"uh...though I saw movement sarn't"

Staff duty is a crutch.

ITS FUCKING HAJ! LIGHT THAT FUCKING CAVE DWELLER UP!

The Blanket said...

I think you are suffering from severe sleep deprivation.